Thursday, June 20, 2013

Busy fingers....

It has been a busy month in my sewing room.  I have 7 new cross-stitch designs and two new quilts to share.

I created the cross-stitch 'Summer Typography' as both a pillow kit and a linen kit.  I love the bright colors and fun reminders of summer. 

Last week my quilt shop, Pine Needles, participated in the Wasatch Front Shop Hop. Each shop themed around a different game and we were TWISTER.  We had a lot of fun with that, we served Salted Twisters (soft salted pretzels), ice-water with a Twist of lemon, Twizzler's, and had a Twisted Sale.  I designed this bright quilt "Twisted Dresden" for the event. What a fun time we had as we welcomed close to 2,000 shop hoppin ladies (and a few gent's) to the store.


It is hard to believe that the Halloween and Christmas fabrics have started arriving in our store and since I can never get enough of Halloween (as you'll see) I have released my first 3 Halloween kits for 2013.... Spooktacular is available in both Linen and a Pillow Kit. Spooky Typography, previously available as a pillow kit is now available in Linen.


My favorite Halloween project is my newest quilt a Halloween Hex

This quilt was so fun to make.  Whirly gig blocks, Halloween Hex's, Frankenstein with prairie point hair, die-cut wool/felt spider webs and paper-pieced bats....a bit of this a smidgeon of that.  


This quilt is made entirely of Riley Blake basics and their new fabric line "Too Cute To Spook".
You can order kits and patterns by calling Pine Needles at Gardner Village, 801-233-0551.




1 comment:

  1. Looking for your Twisted Dresden, are you
    going to share it as a tut! Thanks,
    Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete