That is the start of one of my favorite books for Christmas, really it is such a beautiful folktale for any time. If you have not read this book - please do, it will inspire and uplift you.
And today, in honor of one of my favorite books I hope you enjoy my gift to you, the paper piece pattern 'Three Trees"
I love the odd angles of the trees, and the folk art affect of the quilting.
- Download and print pattern.
- Paper piece project using pattern provided, white background, and three different green fabrics. (See tutorial below if you are unfamiliar with paper piecing)
- Sandwich paper pieced top, batting and background fabric.
- Draw lines for tree trunks.
- Chain stitch trunks using 2 ply brown floss.
- Using 2 ply red floss quilt a running stitch through all layers along each seam as illustrated.
- Frame, make an ornament, mug rug, or small pillow.
If you are not familiar with paper pieceing - here is a fabulous tutorial found on Youtube.
Post a comment and I will draw a random number to receive a free frame as shown in my model. Enjoy!