Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coming up for Air!

I finally came up for air after preparing for and exhibiting at International Quilt Market.  It may have seemed that I have been out of touch but actually I was just locked up in my sewing room furiously working to get it all done and now I get to share! 


Give it a Whirl is a fun and versatile pattern which includes a Layer Cake version, shown above using Moda's Just Wing It, and a miniature version using a charm pack of Riley Blake's new Trick-or-Treat fabric.

X's and O's pattern uses a slingle charm pack, a bit of white and a border print.  This is an easy sew full of character. (shown using Moda's Oasis)





Charming Corners is made using either a Charm Pack for the title quilt or a Candy Bar for the simplified version Candy Bar Corners which uses a single border print. If you are not familiar with Candy Bar's they are Moda's version of a sweet treat including 40 2 1/2" x 5" rectangles.

Here are two of my very favorite new designs! Wonky Wildflowers
and Wonky Fall Foliage 
I seriouisly had so much fun making these two quilts!  I love hexagons but I am short on the patience to make a grandmothers flower garden quilt so the band of hexagons in the sky was the perfect taste for me. Obviously if you know me at all you know I love embroidery and so the flowers are simple raw edge applique centers with embroidered petals and leaves!  The wonky log cabin blocks are where they get their names.  These are just the first two in a four season series.

Finally I have my first Wearable pattern Off the CuffIncluded are four different fabric cuff patterns.  These trendy cuffs are as fun to make as they are to wear! 

So, that's it for now. Check back tomorrow to see my four new cross-stitch designs.

Happy Stitching!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute patterns! I especially like the Give It A Whirl pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff Sandy! I see cuffs in my future!

    ReplyDelete