Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Back!

I am back from one of my favorite events of the year, HQNA winterfest. We spend 4 beautiful days at Daniels Summit lodge where we were treated to classes taught by fabulous local teachers as well as Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosies Quilts

This is the project I taught in my Mystery Stitches class.  I pre-sewed the bags so that we could get to the good stuff in class opf perfecting the basic and then decorative embroidery stitches used. By the time I had sewed my 36th bag I felt like I could make them in my sleep. I had the best group of women in my class, many that join me year after year, along with a great group of newbies!


Pine Needles had a booth in the marketplace where I debuted my 2 new patterns and  kits

Love Line Quilt & Framed Piece

and Busy Butterflies
In addition to teaching I had time to spend with friends, my Mom and sister Holly who joined me, and even a bit of sewing and designing. It was the perfect retreat to rejuvinate my spirits and get me back in the groove.

2 comments:

  1. Just love your designs, I follow Bee in my Bonnets and saw the butterfly quilt on her blog
    and have been waiting for it to come out. I am so excited.
    Edie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many of your kits/designs. Sounds like a fun retreat! Nothing beats a stitching retreat!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete